.................................................. .................................................. ..................
Background and objectives of the training
Training and research in the field of polymers come in two different aspects.
The first aspect is related to the organic synthesis of base units that are monomers. This aspect is pure organic chemistry and is not really the main objective of this training since in Algeria, there are other universities better equipped than us.
The second aspect is related to the development, modification, physical and chemical characterization, physical characterization and study of polymer properties. This training is geared towards those goals. There are currently many opportunities to improve our understanding of different polymers states: amorphous, crystalline, liquid crystalline, solutions, melts, gels, resources, composites, drivers, interfaces etc.
Programs designed within this framework are intended to provide basic training for understanding these problems. Through research projects and memories of magister, students will explore these aspects and prepare for Innovation (PhD).
This training is designed to give students the necessary foundation in the areas mentioned in polymer science. It will also well aware of the various applications in socio-economic, health and the environment. Concrete applications in these areas are searched with all available means and opportunities for cooperation with local and national employers' sectors.
Profiles and skills referred
The knowledge acquired at the end of this training are both on a fundamental level and in terms of applications. This is to deepen the knowledge of the states: amorphous, crystalline glass and the molecular and microscopic scales. Diffusion phenomena, polymers of aging and degradation play an important role in the different applications.
- Problems structures, morphology, growth and nucleation, the deformations under the effect of stresses are directly related to the properties of polymeric materials.
- The electrical properties of polymers such as conduction, piezoelectricity can be combined with other properties and offer unique opportunities that represent real challenges in current scientific research.
- Mechanical or elastic moduli can be substantially increased as the molecular orientation effect whose origin is essentially the rigidity of a part or all of the considered molecule.
- The interface between the polymer and the surrounding environment can be studied by modern experimental techniques with major effects on bond issues, cohesion, adhesion and coating etc.
- The realization of new composite offers great opportunities for applications of polymers in all areas ranging from various industries, health commitment to the preservation of the environment and energy: major challenges for future generations.
Through the proposed programs with a management level both qualitative and ample perspective the number of teachers lecture class researchers (five (06) teachers and seven (08) lecturers), we provide a solid basic education to our students in an area where employment opportunities are large, varied and sustainable in the short, medium and long term.
Two education systems currently coexist in the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Tlemcen: the old system (DES - Magister - State Doctorate) and the new system within the framework of the reform of higher education ( Licence - Master - Doctorate).